TOURING PROGRAMME

 

touring TOURING PROGRAMME

Promoter:

Young Arab Theatre Fund (YATF), Belgium

Recipients:

Young Arab artists

Funding Scheme:

Third country foundation grant

Objective:

To promote art in the Arab world

Description:

Since its establishment, Young Arab Theatre Fund (YATF) has encouraged artists who received support for their productions to tour both within the region and internationally. Through the Touring Program, YATF offers financial support for young artists living and working in the Arab speaking countries to tour within the region. The YATF co-produces projects that fall within the framework of contemporary arts (theatre, dance, music, photography, video and cinema, installations, artistic and cultural publications such as essays and artists catalogues…). Special attention is paid to young professionals at the beginning of their careers, in alignment with YATF’s main objectives: supporting and contributing to the development of the contemporary artistic creation of the Arab world, and providing production and distribution opportunities for its new upcoming and most promising talents. YATF encourages projects involving exchange and cooperation between professionals from different Arab countries. YATF announces three fixed deadlines per year, on the 1st of January, 1st of May and 1st of September. Only artists who received invitations from independent spaces to present their work in at least two different cities are eligible for this program. Artists can describe their projects through filling in an application form that is widely distributed one month before every deadline and can be downloaded from the web-site. A special and independent selection committee has been recruited for this program and consists of five members representing a diverse range of disciplines in the cultural field, and includes one member from the YATF board of directors. Upon signing the contract, artists receive 70 % of the grant and the remaining 30% is delivered upon the receipt of necessary narrative and financial report. YATF reserves the right to evaluate the appropriate amount to be allocated to the granted projects based on the submitted application and supporting documents. The YATF does not give grants to students and amateurs.

Information:

Young Arab Theatre Fund 98, rue Antoine Dansaert, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, Tel. +32 251 39259, Fax. +32 251 15202, Email info@yatfund.org

 

About the Author: Maurizio

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*